by Eric Thomson
We hear "democracy" most often used by journalists and politicians who use this word to describe the U.S.A.'s form of government. It should be embarrassing for these unworthies to learn that the United States was never a democracy, but a republic. How can one claim to represent the electorate when one does not even know what form of government he represents? In truth, 'our representatives' use words carelessly, without bothering to learn their meaning. The republican form of government which the founders and rulers of the U.S.A. adopted was based upon Roman and Greek models. This form of government is far from being 'democratic', unless one accepts the Greek definition of a 'democracy' in which 10% of the populace had the vote; the remaining 90% being women and slaves. The U.S. Constitution with its Electoral College and Supreme Court is constitutionally empowered to overrule the wishes of the majority, just as federal judges on lower levels are empowered to nullify election results, on par with a king's ability to nullify the decisions of his subordinates. Congress regularly makes decisions in defiance of the wishes of the electorate on behalf of the moneyed people who finance their election campaigns. To get their votes, these rascals promise the voters what they want to hear, but they wind up giving the plutocratic minority just what it wants. Example: jew Labor Secretary Reich smirked that the North American Free Trade Agreement would "adversely affect some 80% of the American people, but 20% should do all right." I heard him say it on the radio. Now, in a democracy, there would be a referendum in which the 80% would let the 20% know where they could put their NAFTA. Predictably, both parties and both houses of Congress were almost unanimous in their support of an agreement which has, indeed, harmed the well being of 80% of the U.S. people and things will get worse. Even the big labor union bosses supported this injury to the U.S. worker. This is just one recent example that 'our' representatives do not represent the majority. They never have, because the U.S.A. is a republic, not a democracy.
There is a great difference between the de jure or legal government described by The Constitution and the de facto government which has often been described as "the best government money can buy." The Constitution made no provision for political parties, nor for un-elected 'advisors' who oversee the executive branch, nor for un-elected lobbyists who bribe and browbeat the legislative branch. It takes lots of money to employ an 'advisor' like the jew, Henry Kissinger, to ride herd over the U.S. President. It also takes lots of money to field swarms of lobbyists in Congress. In effect, we live in a plutocracy, ruled by the moneyed minority, so it is obscene to characterize the U.S. form of government as 'democratic.' George Orwell warned that "tyranny begins with the abuse of language." If that is so, we have been ruled by a tyrannical minority for a very long time. 'Democracy', indeed!
OUR RACE IS OUR NATION!
20 January 1999